Some may imagine designers work only with the purpose-designed quilting tools and gadgets while sitting at ruthlessly tidy desks where everything has a place and they work logically through the steps of design ...
And some people may picture a tornado of pins, fabric, pencils and creative chaos ... A bit like the Disney Tassie Devil ... but with stitching stuff! :0)
I confess to being more like that LAST version of a designer! Tee! Hee! Hee! What you probably DON'T envisage is something like this ...
A Dodgy-Brothers-&-Co. lightbox on an ironing board drawing board! :0) You see ... I don't usually use a lightbox to trace stitchery designs ... I can either see through the fabric well enough to trace, or if the background fabric is a little darker, I'll tape everything to the window and let the light shine in. However ... with my latest Secret Squirrel project, I was struggling to see the stitchery design through the pretty-but-busy toile fabric and the border strips were too long to stick to the window. Despite some REALLY heavy hints to my Beloved Geek Boy/Handyman, a lightbox was not forthcoming (I've been putting off buying one for quite some time because GB keeps promising to make me one!!) ... so I had to think a little outside the box ... or should I say INSIDE the box! Tee! Hee! Hee! We all know these clear plastic tubs have 101 uses around the home ... well now I've discovered use number 102! :0) Lay a box on its side, manipulate a bendy desk lamp, set the ironing board to a comfy height and ET VOILA!! A work station and lightbox good enough to get the job done ... for now! I might add that GB has been asked to please bump making me a lightbox a little higher up HIS "To Do" list ... but I'm not holding my breath! :0)
Now ... as I've said, I'm still working on my Secret Squirrel French quilt, so I can't show it to you, but I'll give you a couple of sneaky peekies at what I needed to trace ...
Bonjour!! Hello is always a good way to start a conversation. :0)
Je T'aime! You can never tell your loved ones too often that "I Love You!" :0)
So there you go ... now you've had a little peek in the back door of a designer's workshop ... sorry to all who are now completely disillusioned! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope you're all having a lovely start to the week ... may the rest of your days be filled with FRIENDS, FABRIC and FUN! :0) Til next time ...
BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS
CHEERS!
KRIS







0 Yorumlar