Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cooking and baking kinda day

I've come over all domestic goddessish today. By seven thirty I had cooked a pan of pasta to make pasta salads for Tony's packed lunch.  He can have it tomorrow and Wednesday.  Then I went off out for a walk with my friend Kath.  We had a cup of coffee and a natter when we got back and then Kath headed off home. I whipped up a quick batch of cakes and some strawberry rhubarb jellies.... I think I have earned a sit for a while before I go and tackle some more of the hedge. The cakes took two minutes to cook in the microwave and though they don't turn golden brown they are fluffy and light and absolutely delish




Recipe

1 egg (65 grams)
60g sugar
60g butter
60g self raising flour
quarter teaspoon of baking powder.

Cream butter and sugar together then add the flour, baking powder and egg. Give it a thorough mixing  and then divide it up between six or eight paper cases.  Microwave for two minutes and then leave them to cool before decorating however you prefer.


Recipe

I block of strawberry jelly
4 sticks of rhubarb
splash of water

Put the rhubarb and water in a glass jug and cook for two or three minutes in the microwave. When it is soft and nicely cooked, stir in the jelly.  Give it a really good mix and then divide into four small dishes.  I have tried it with other flavours of jelly and they are all equally nice.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar