Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tiny Needle Tuesday

I actually have something to share for tiny needle Tuesday. I’m working, working away on the baby sampler. Our baby’s due date has come and passed. She was due on March 20. Every time my phone dings, I expect to be getting a message saying that we’re having a baby! I have until we fly away on April 26 to get this project finished and framed. 

Mr. Monkey is taking shape now.  Then ALL I have left is some small details like birds and eyes, all of the outlining, which is a lot the border around the entire piece, and the center square where the name, birthdate and weight will go. So I guess I have quite a bit left to do.😍 I have been enjoying it though. Sorry about the darkness of the picture. It’s been raining like crazy here for the last day and a half and it’s very dark everywhere.

Piper and Lizzie spent the weekend with us. It’s been a while since Piper has been able to spend the night on Friday nights because she has tennis lessons on Saturday morning. This Saturday Papa got to take her and watch her play tennis. He says she’s pretty good! It was such a beautiful weekend. We took the puppies on a long walk around the cemetery as you can see. Piper loves to walk there too. It was very windy though. Just look at Piper‘s hair blowing.

I promise I won’t constantly post photos of gravestones, but look at how old some of these are.



And then, something we found interesting were these next two that are from the same time period. But these headstones are obviously much, much newer. Our guess is that family replaced older stones with these newer ones recently.



We spent a lot of time on Saturday and after church on Sunday playing cornhole in the backyard. It was pretty even on who came out as the ultimate winner. Piper is pretty good at playing it! We watched some movies together and went shopping with great-grandma. Mom isn’t able to walk very far, but we were able to get a few things that she had been looking for.

It sounds like Mandy and Brad had a good weekend together which was great. It sounds like it was a win/win for all of us since we had a wonderful time with our girls. We’re hoping to get them to do that once a month or so because then we could have our girls more often!

Not much else exciting is happening here. Dennis has 3 1/2 days left to work. This Friday is his last day before retirement. We had planned so many things for this year, but like everyone else we’re waiting to see what happens with fuel prices.

My heart is constantly breaking for the people in the Ukraine and what is happening to their beautiful country. It’s hard to believe what has been done to those people and their cities in just a few weeks. Someone has got to do something. I honestly don’t understand. I am very, very disappointed in our government for not doing more to help these people who are being mass murdered. This could very easily be us or anyone else in the world.

I know many of you have severe illnesses and other tragedies happening in your lives right now too. I am praying for each one of you. Our God is a wonderful God and I know that He cares. 

May God be with each one of you in the coming days.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar