The Merry Dancers (Orkney name for the Northern Lights/Aurora) have been dancing away this week. I haven't yet worked out if my new camera can take pictures of it - or rather whether I can get it to take pictures! So no pix from me though I DID see them dancing about the sky. But this stunning photo was taken by John Wishart in Orkney and has gone "viral" on facebook, so I'm hoping he won't mind my sharing it with you all here!
In John's photo the Merry Dancers can be seen behind the
Italian Chapel, which makes for an ethereal and poignant photo. Photos capture the Merry Dancer lights differently to the human eye. Although you can see a greenish glow, it's not as bright as in photos. This blog post from Fair Isle explains it well :
What does the Aurora really look like?Note: sorry for absence - am recovering from evil stomach "bug" this week. Getting better but feeling wabbit (Scots term for feeling tired and lacking in energy). Hope to be back soon!
0 Yorumlar