This week's question is, "What are your pop culture sacred cows?"
Mine are the movie Heathers and three of the films from Monty Python.
Heathers is perhaps the finest, funniest black comedy ever made and if you have seen it and you don't agree with me on that then we're going to have a problem. I first saw it with a gal I was living with, this was before I met Sparky, and as I was watching it I was laughing like crazy because I got it. I understood the jokes and the references they were making and I laughed my ass off while she and I watched it. The gal I was with had no idea why I was laughing, she did not get it at all. In fact, she kept hitting me and telling me to shut up because it wasn't right that I was laughing at all the 'bad' stuff in the movie. She and I did not last but Heathers did.
Okay, I'll be magnanimous and give you a pass if you saw Heathers and didn't get it. But I swear if you saw any of the following movies:

and you didn't like them or you thought they were not funny then you and I can never be friends. I can understand why some people don't like the old Monty Python TV shows, especially young people who never had to live in the comedy deprived world we who grew up in the 60's and 70's did, because some of the episodes are a bit dated now. But I draw the line at these three cinematic comedy Python classics. If you don't like them then you need to have your funny bone examined because it's broken. Or perhaps you might be a humorless right winger or tight assed Christian who hates it when people laugh and have fun. If that's the case then I don't want to be friends with you anyway.
Long live Heathers and Monty Python!

0 Yorumlar