I have a sudden desire to escape, to head off into the wide blue yonder
and never return.
A perfect October morning.
Bright sunshine. Strong breeze. Blue sky. Walking boots and windproof jacket. Camera in hand. Tussocks of wet grass. Nettles waist high. Wandering down the hill.
Into the wide blue yonder.
Wide open spaces; fields, trees and hedgerows. Silence, but for the whispering of the wind in the trees; no traffic, no people. Alone. Peace. Tranquility. Not a cloud in the sky. Stepping carefully. Avoiding cowpats. Fluttering red admiral butterfly; the last of the season. Flock of pigeons bursting from the trees in a flurry of feathers. Hedgerows gleaming with red of hips and haws. Cawing of crows. Squirrel running along the fence line, quickly disappearing. Five bullocks contentedly chewing the cud in the long grassed field behind the abandoned farm. Clambering over stiles. A strenuous climb back up the hill. Breathing heavily. Heat thumping wildly. Sweat trickling down my back. Boots muddy and soaked through. I return home.
In the wide blue yonder.
'Til next time, I leave you with my favourite autumn flowers.
Elaine

0 Yorumlar