Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gingerbread Goodness

The Christmas decorating is underway at my happy home :-)
Since I enjoy baking I thought the kitchen was a good place to start. And, what better theme for someone who loves to bake than Gingerbread Goodness.

Here's a little tree I made many years ago. Remember those gingerbread ornaments that were made from applesauce, lots of cinnamon and Elmer's glue? Well, that's what is hanging on this tree. I remember the year I made them I had them all spread out on my kitchen counter to dry for the night. It just so happened that my parents were staying with us that year. The next morning when we were having breakfast my Dad asked me what kind of cookies those were. I told him they weren't really cookies they were ornaments. He then sheepishly told me that he sampled one after everyone was in bed and almost broke his tooth. We all got a kick out of that.


I can hardly wait for the wonderful smell of Christmas cookies baking to fill the air in my home.


This vintage apron that I found at the thrift shop last week should make the baking more fun.



Even better than smelling those cookies will be tasting them.
Cookies & milk will always be one of my favorite things in the world.



A little bit more Gingerbread Goodness fills the shelves.


The gingerbread people have allowed a few vintage salt & pepper shakers to hang out with them.



Love is in the air . . .






A touch of gingerbread by the coffee pot.


A gingerbread kitchen wouldn't be complete without a gingerbread scented candle.

**************



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar