Hello! Thanks for stopping in for a visit! We arrived home from our beach trip at dusk on Sunday and got the caravan stowed away and bags of things brought in. Yesterday I packed up all the Halloween decorations and put a leaf printed tablecloth on the table and brought out my turkey decorations. I asked Dayle to find an old galvanized bucket in our barn for me to put my chrysanthemums into. I love how that looks! It's an old bucket for sure!
As fast as time passes by, Thanksgiving will be here in no time!
We celebrate Thanksgiving here on the 4th Thursday in November. Quite simply, it's a day set aside to give thanks for what we have and have a nice meal with our loved ones. The traditional main dish is.. TURKEY!
I found a couple of these little majolica turkeys years ago and I just adore their running glazes and muted colors.
I have 2 little glass turkey candleholders, too. They are fun to light on our dinner table.
Gobble, gobble..
My most unusual turkey is this candy bowl with removable top. Isn't he cute?
I don't wait for "the day" to be thankful, however. I try to appreciate the bounty in my life every day of the year. I am thankful for my husband who has survived through being shot in the war in Vietnam, colon cancer surgery and other challenges. For my three children, their spouses and our 6 grandkids. For my 3 siblings. For the old farmhouse where we live, the countryside around us. And that's just a start. I'm a happy person. I do hope that you take a moment to be thankful for all that you have in your life. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

0 Yorumlar