Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MORE magazine are closing after 25 years in business

It's the end of an era.


More magazine announced yesterday that they are closing. So no more naked centerfolds and no more random sex advice.

The magazine, which launched in 1988, announced that the challenging economic climate was to blame for the closure. The recent readership figures show a sharp decline...at the height of their popularity, More were pulling in about 400,000 readers. This is compared to recent figures which show the circulation had fallen to 92, 459.

Personally, I used to read More when I was a teenager. I stopped buying it because it got really cheap. It also switched to this horrible format as well. It's hard to know if it could have been saved but then, all magazines must be terrified at the moment. It's the same way that cd sales and DVDs have dropped. We are now seeing physical things become obsolete as everything goes digital. To me, I will always buy magazine as I love the physical feel of one. Also, I bought a digital copy of ELLE for my Ipad and the bloody thing deleted it before I read it and it was impossible to read.

It's sad because there are people attached to these things that are loosing their jobs. I feel sorry for the staff of More.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar