Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Recent NOTD: Sally Hansen Puppytooth

I was once again overdue for a pedicure (I'd worn Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Wet Cement for a couple/few weeks, then gone bare for while), so it seemed like a good time to try another pattern of the Sally Hansen Pedicure Salon Effects strips. If you missed my previous outing with these, you can see Snake Rattle & Roll here—there are toes in that post, which I understand some people like to be warned about. This time I tried Puppytooth, the black and white houndstooth check. As before, doing my toes didn't take nearly the whole package, and I didn't want to waste the leftovers, so I did my fingers, too.

If you want to see the toes, click over to Flickr; the distortion you see on my right big toe isn't the strip's fault, it's my nail, which I've been patching for months thanks to a ski boot related injury from last winter. Even though I tried to get as many toes out of the medium sized strips as I could, I had barely enough left to cover my fingers, so in some cases, I have bigger gaps at the base and sides than is ideal. Still, the pattern is so flashy I don't think most people notice the gaps.









Mid week I got bored and added a coat of OPI Do Ya Think I'm Texy. It was a bit streaky, but again, the busy pattern distracted from that so it wasn't as noticeable as it would have been otherwise. I didn't bust out the lightbox for this portion of the program, so the remaining shots are taken in the daylight was coming through my car windows (while I was parked; remember kids, always practice safe photography). These are also pre-cleanup, because I painted the OPI on in the car, and had neither remover nor cleanup brush with me. (I admit I was extra careful since I knew I'd be stuck with what I did until I got home; usually I'm messier than this.)





I really liked the effect of the jelly over this design; I'm thinking jelly Skittles (or ombre or gradient) the next time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar