Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

DJ Pauly D's "Back to Love feat. Jay Sean" - Single Review



     I cannot believe I am about to actually say this, but... I like a project from one of the members of the now-historic pop culture phenomenon that was Jersey Shore. Please, don't take away my keyboard I have a very good explanation. Pauly D was always the most likeable member of the Jersey house, along with his secret lover Vinny, and even secured himself the first spin-off series which chronicled his life as he tried to make a name for himself in the music industry. This is how we get to a song that surprisingly caught my attention. DJ Pauly D signed a three-album deal with rapper 50 Cent's record label and seems to be wasting no time in becoming the new David Guetta. Pauly D has released, what I am calling, his first official single as a professional artist. I am forgetting about the two failures that came out before. While Pauly D does not provide any vocals, that job is left for the sultry Jay Sean, D's production carries the track to become a sure-fire radio-friendly hit in the near future.

     "Back To Love" would not sound out of place on a Guetta album, in fact I thought it was a Guetta creation at first. Sean's impressive vocal performance, glad to hear him back in the studio, will make any woman, or man, melt instantly. Both artists have created a song that describes the desire to fix a  failed relationship. The men are asking for a second chance. "We had it all, but let it burn to the ground", Sean sings on an addictive, emotional yet high-energy chorus that holds the four-minute track together. Pauly D is trying to show the music industry that he is taking his opportunity seriously and I believe people will begin to look at him very differently now. The song follows the typical dance structure: get through a verse, include a beat breakdown and then throw everything at the listener towards the end. Hey, it works for me.


     DJ Pauly D is planning to unleash his debut album sometime in 2013. As the lead single from the upcoming effort, "Back to Love" does a real good job and generating buzz and separating the artist from his reality television show past. The lyrics are heartfelt and simple, the production will not sound out of place on the dance floor and Jay Sean proves he still has what it takes to make a hit record. While the music video has not been announced of yet, a lyric video has been released featuring rave-influenced color effects to tide fans over, just in case you were not sure of the words coming out of Sean's heavenly mouth. The new single is one of my first welcomed surprises of 2013 and all I can do it tip my hat to Mr. Pauly D. Take a listen below. Hit or miss?

B+




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar