Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

BROWN THOMAS SPRING SUMMER 2011 SHOW : The highlights

So, as I mentioned earlier, The show was on!
Brown Thomas Spring Summer 2011.
And what a show it was!
I trotted around, literally trotted - I am learning to walk in heels again following my foot drama (see earlier posts) on my biggest black wedge heels. Standing outside trying to work E's camera I realised there really was only one thing that could get me up and out by 8, in full make-up and heels. Fashion.
We were ushered in a side entrance and taken up to the first floor. Of course me being me, I was the first to arrive and WAAAAAY too early. So I amused myself by snapping pictures of shoes as a practise run with the camera.
WHAT WE ATE : Mini pastries and fruit skewers
WHAT WE DRANK : Tea, Coffee, champagne, Strawberry smoothies, apple or orange juice
WHAT WE SAW : Fantastic shoe displays, the new McQueen collection and a model have a little wobble on the catwalk in shoes a bit too big. bless!
WHAT WERE THE MINI TRENDS?
I always take note of the trends I see on people on the night/morning. So here we go :

- Alexander McQueen skull scarves knotted around bags, belts and necks in Spring pinks -

- Vivienne Westwood handbags, I wasn't the only one -

- Ankle boots, clearly still big with the fashion crowd since the last show -

- Chanel jewelry, Quite a few chunky bracelets -

- Mixed fabrics, there were a lot of panels of fabrics such as leather or p-leather mixed in with other fabrics. Mainly on leggings. for some reason -

-the 70's. It literally was back in time. I spotted two people in high waisted flares, another in a floppy hat circa 74 and a few blouses that SCREAMED studio 54.-

- High waisted, skirts, trousers, everything.-


So after the show (stay tuned for my shots from the show which are being uploaded in the next few days) it was time to grab one last (amazing) strawberry smoothie before heading back to the newsroom to get everything uploaded and ready to go. I paused briefly to fondle a pair of ankle boots before collecting my coat and press bag.
It was off to the newsroom, one high heeled ankle boot clad step at a time. Pausing briefly to fall down a little outside Centra. Oh the glamour!!!!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar